Once you’ve chosen your contractor, your materials, and your date you are almost ready to enjoy your completed project. Once the day of your roof installation comes, there are a few things to consider that can make it run a bit smoother. Roof installation is not a pretty process, but with a little bit of preparation you can avoid unexpected surprises. A few simple steps can ensure that when your roof is finished, you’ll have no extra work to do so you can simply relax under your new roof.
Before your installation, make sure that you are well informed on the timeline, the costs, and your specifications. It is important to make sure that both you and your contractor are fully informed on every point of your project so that you are completely satisfied with the finished product. Review these aspects of your roof installation with your contractor to make sure you are on the same page with everything. Maintain good communication during the process.
Keep the weather forecast in mind and be prepared for a delay in the schedule if rain or snow is predicted. Again, keep an open line of communication so there are no surprises when it comes to rescheduling.
Preparing your yard for a roof installation
- Workers need good access to your roof during the install. It is incredibly helpful if you leave your driveway open and park on the street instead.
- If you have patio furniture or basketball hoops, you may want to consider moving them to the yard to clear up some extra space, or covering them to protect them from debris.
- Check your yard for tree branches that hang over your roof. Your contractor may decide that it is necessary to trim them. If you’d rather have a professional complete that project, make sure to have that taken care of prior to your roof installation.
- Take down any hanging planters or decorations that may get in the way of the roofing install or could fall down easily during the process.
- Make sure to cut your grass the day before your roof installation. Debris will fall into your grass, and shorter blades make the cleanup job much easier.
Preparing your home for a roof install
- Roof installation can cause a lot of vibration inside your home. Take care to secure any fixtures that hang in your home and remove photos and mirrors that may fall and break.
- Make sure to keep your pets and children secure inside your home. There is a lot of equipment involved in roof installation and it is important to make sure that your loved ones are safe.
- Expect a lot of noise. Plan activities away from your home or prepare to deal with the sweet music of clamoring and banging tools. It may even be wise to let your neighbors know about your roof install so they can plan accordingly as well.
For more information on roof installation and a free consultation contact Absolute Home Solutions at 240-328-9872. You can also connect with Absolute Home Solutions on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and Twitter.
Tags: Roof Installation